Recent News Stories
- Singapore IFF to be relaunched in 2014
- Japanese film-makers protest state secrets bill
- Live-action Attack on Titan relaunched
- South Korean films break local admissions record
- White Storm defies Gravity at China B.O.
- Local documentaries strong at Taipei B.O.
- SPEC finale dethrones Kaguya at Japan B.O.
- In Bloom takes top prize at Tokyo Filmex
- Talent Campus Tokyo awards Filipino project
- Huace strikes pact with Guo Jingming
- Miike Takashi to adapt psycho-thriller manga
- Ang Lee awarded by Cinemanila
- Grandmaster leads Asia-Pacific award nominations
- Yukisada Isao adapts Five Minutes in China
- Great Passage tops 38th Hochi Film Awards
- Dexter Studios opens Beijing office
- Lupin III live-action film coming in 2014
- Fist, Z Storm, Taoist scripts approved by SAPPRFT
- Ant Story premieres in AsiaAfrica competition
- Ghibli back on top with Princess Kaguya
- APSA to host public screenings
- Gravity starves Hunger Games at China B.O.
- Hope wins through at Blue Dragon Awards
- ASEAN Film Festival launches in Singapore
- Beyond Beauty stays strong in Taipei
- Lost in Thailand secures Taiwan import quota
- Tiny Times 3 set to begin production
- Singapore, France major winners at Golden Horse
- Golden Horse Reflections
- RAM locks horns with Moebius
- On Happiness Road takes FPP Grand Prize
- Jimmy Yang joins kbro Media
- Golden Horse Awards at 50
- Forever Young release indefinitely postponed
- CatchPlay launches film investment fund
- Louis Koo to be HKIFF ambassador
- Tony Jaa joins SPL 2
- Hong Kong cinema's identity crisis
- Yamazaki Takashi to adapt Parasyte
- Golden Horse Talent: Hou Hsiao-hsien
Andreacchio uncorks Alchemyst elixir
By Patrick Frater
Thu, 21 June 2012, 12:10 PM (HKT)
Australia's AMPCO Films is to produce a film based on The Alchemyst, the first book in the historical fantasy novel series The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Irish writer Michael Scott.
Scott is now writing the screenplay and production is expected to get underway in Australia and New Zealand in Feb 2013.
The project is packaged by Stefan Brunner, former COO of Imagenation Abu Dhabi. He is executive producing along with Scott and Barry Krost. AMPCO's Mario ANDREACCHIO and Konstantin Thoeren will produce.
The Alchemyst centres on the legendary 14th century French alchemist, Nicholas Flamel, who it is claimed is still alive today. His secret elixir and the formula of how to make it are under threat, but teenage twins Sophie and Josh have the power to save it and the world.
The series of six books is published by Random House and has been published in 37 countries and translated into 25 languages.
An extension of Adelaide Motion Picture Company, AMPCO recently produced the China-Australia official co-production film The Dragon Pearl 尋龍奪寶 (2011).