Recent News Stories
- Attorney wins four at Blue Dragon Awards
- Bullets opens after clearing China censorship
- Fleet of Time tops second weekend in China
- Court takes top Singapore Fest prize
- Youth romance tops Japan box office
- Indie documentary tops South Korea box office
- Dubai Talent: Afia Nathaniel
- Dubai Talent: Asha Bhosle
- Russia's Leviathan wins at APSA
- Dubai opens with Theory of Everything
- Toho to produce new Godzilla film
- Naruto overtakes Parasyte at Japan box office
- Fleet of Time clocks John Woo epic in China
- Bullets premiere abruptly postponed
- Moses dethrones Interstellar in South Korea
- Brotherhood of Blades prequel in the works
- FTC rejects Korean exhibitors' consent decree
- South Korea's film development fund extended
- mm2 seeks Singapore Catalist IPO
- The Crossing opens with RMB24m in China
- Singapore festival strikes back
- Parasyte takes over Japan box office
- Sugawara Bunta (1933-2014)
- Flirt opens behind Interstellar in China
- Crocodile wins Tokyo Filmex Grand Prize
- Big Match grounded by Interstellar in South Korea
- Hong Kong signs creative alliance with S. Korea
- Shuttle Life wins FPP Grand Prize
- Cinemalaya considering veteran focus in 2015
- Last Reel is first up at Cambodia IFF
- Interstellar tops holiday weekend in Japan
- Roaring Currents chimes at Grand Bell Awards
- Wong Fei-hung reboot opens second in China
- Honeygiver wins at Hanoi's first project market
- French producers call for Vietnam infrastructure
- Kini Kim on CJ's Vietnam strategy
- Hit drama Hero gets film sequel
- Interstellar remains dominant at South Korea B.O.
- Hanoi IFF opens third edition
- China stampedes over Golden Horse Awards
Bona adds first IMAX screen
By Patrick Frater
Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:42 AM (HKT)
Chinese conglomerate Bona Film Group is to open its first IMAX cinema screen later this year.
The theatre will be built within a new multiplex, the Nongken Bona International Cineplex, set to open in September in Tianjin.
"Today's agreement builds upon our successful collaboration with IMAX and is a natural progression of this relationship. We look forward to bringing audiences in Tianjin the best Hollywood and Chinese blockbusters in the most immersive format available," said Bona chairman and CEO Yu Dong in a statement.
Bona previously released its Flying Swords of Dragon Gate as an IMAX presentation in China in December last year and will see the film released in North America in Sept through distributor Indomina.
IMAX is a huge brand in China and is able to charge premium prices for its tickets. The Bona deal takes to 226 the total number of IMAX theatres open or contracted to open in Greater China.