Distributor deal has Asia connections
By Patrick Frater
Sat, 08 September 2012, 00:10 AM (HKT)
Entertainment One, the multinational distribution and film investment company that made its first steps in Asia last year, has acquired Canada's Alliance Films.
The deal, worth C$225 million, makes Canadian-based, UK-listed eOne the biggest indie distributor in both the UK and Canada.
Alliance has a production relationship with Iain Canning and Emile Sherman's UK-Australian company See-Saw Films which produced Oscar-winner The King's Speech; and a joint venture called Automatik with IM Global, a sales and finance subsidiary of India's Reliance ADA Group.
EOne last year bought Australian distributor Hopscotch and last month signed an output deal covering video titles with South Korean video distributor United Entertainment Korea.
Recent News Stories
- Webber to bring Colour to NZ
- Can India fulfil its film potential?
- India's multiplex maybes
- Fox Star to back Kashyap's Velvet
- Asian trio head for Paris Project
- Mili in Wuhan animation park pact
- Roadshow buys into Irresistible
- Third Window opens for Sake Bomb
- Badges gets worldwide jurisdiction
- Shanghai has action-packed competition
- American Dreams beds down in China
- Shenzhen shorts to travel the world
- Thailand: Good times, bad times
- Malaysia studio set to have regional impact
- Cannes deals update
- Kapadia to shoot Azeri tale
- Filipino festivals show funding flair
- NHK presents the future of film in 8K
- Dubai to host Cinematic Innovation Summit
- Varma promises urgent action
- Media Asia slate sells strongly
- Iceman defrosts at Cannes
- Kashyap to receive French honour
- Seven Stars forms Angel Storm
- So Young enters China's all-time top ten
- Rocket to fire in N America
- Japanese buyers grab Euro titles
- Directors' Fortnight denounces director
- Yen, Yeoh commit to Crouching Tiger prequel
- Bona profits slightly lower
- Why isn't Australia more part of Asian film?
- Pegasus rides with Z Storm
- Tanweer signs Relativity output deal
- Jeffrey Soong: Media Asia's Man on the Move
- Media Asia takes step In The Dark
- EMP to get Best of Yen
- Buyers burning for Firestorm
- Woo to deliver two-part Crossing
- Tokyo festival outlines new direction
- Hot Asian genre films at Cannes