Recent News Stories
- Killers to premiere at Midnight in Sundance
- The Second Coming closes deals
- No Man's Land has strong China opening
- Singapore IFF to be relaunched in 2014
- Japanese film-makers protest state secrets bill
- Live-action Attack on Titan relaunched
- South Korean films break local admissions record
- White Storm defies Gravity at China B.O.
- Local documentaries strong at Taipei B.O.
- SPEC finale dethrones Kaguya at Japan B.O.
- In Bloom takes top prize at Tokyo Filmex
- Talent Campus Tokyo awards Filipino project
- Huace strikes pact with Guo Jingming
- Miike Takashi to adapt psycho-thriller manga
- Ang Lee awarded by Cinemanila
- Grandmaster leads Asia-Pacific award nominations
- Yukisada Isao adapts Five Minutes in China
- Great Passage tops 38th Hochi Film Awards
- Dexter Studios opens Beijing office
- Lupin III live-action film coming in 2014
- Fist, Z Storm, Taoist scripts approved by SAPPRFT
- Ant Story premieres in AsiaAfrica competition
- Ghibli back on top with Princess Kaguya
- APSA to host public screenings
- Gravity starves Hunger Games at China B.O.
- Hope wins through at Blue Dragon Awards
- ASEAN Film Festival launches in Singapore
- Beyond Beauty stays strong in Taipei
- Lost in Thailand secures Taiwan import quota
- Tiny Times 3 set to begin production
- Singapore, France major winners at Golden Horse
- Golden Horse Reflections
- RAM locks horns with Moebius
- On Happiness Road takes FPP Grand Prize
- Jimmy Yang joins kbro Media
- Golden Horse Awards at 50
- Forever Young release indefinitely postponed
- CatchPlay launches film investment fund
- Louis Koo to be HKIFF ambassador
- Tony Jaa joins SPL 2
Eros strikes Colors deal
By Patrick Frater
Fri, 06 July 2012, 16:16 PM (HKT)
Eros International has struck a "significant" licensing deal with Indian broadcaster, Colors Viacom18 Media.
The agreement covers library, current and forthcoming titles including the Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer Cocktail, directed by Homi Adajania; Bela Bhansali Sehgal's Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi (pictured) with Farah Khan and Boman Irani; and Akshay Kumar's Khiladi 786.
"The deal is consistent with our pre-sales strategy to de-risk our content slate investment and also consistently unlock value from our film library. We have tailor-made this bundle of films for Viacom to suit their target audience and hope to work with them closely through the marketing and release of these films," said Jyoti Deshpande, group CEO and MD.
Shares in the related company, Indian-listed Eros International Media Limited gained over 3% on the news.