Recent News Stories
- China Lion takes But Always
- Fosun and SFG strike alliance
- Roaring Currents takes Kundo's opening record
- Tokyo IFF spotlights Anno Hideaki
- Taiwan launches film institute
- Godzilla stomps to top of Japan B.O.
- Toronto announces second wave of films
- Antonym takes two at Skip City
- Midnight After wins PiFan jury prize
- Continent lands at China box office
- Kundo breaks 3m admissions in South Korea
- Taiwan govt announces subsidy dozen
- Han Han's debut opens big in China
- Kundo sets South Korea opening record
- Zhang Yimou sues for Noodle Story profit
- Bumper Asian crop at Venice
- Dead, End and Cartridge win at NAFF
- Disney and Parasyte to bookend Tokyo IFF
- Pokemon defeats Ghibli at Japan box office
- Nikkatsu, Toho-Towa launch Asian label
- Breakup Buddies, Mary Kom premiere in Toronto
- Uzumasa and Zone Pro win at NYAFF
- Hollow fills Vietnam cinemas
- Tiny Times 3 dazzles at China box office
- ChinaVision issues profit warning
- Hollow pushes new horror trend in Vietnam
- Misono and Clover announce additional cast
- Panna Rittikrai (1961-2014)
- Truth and Exit top Taipei Film Awards
- Film Bureau releases official 2014 numbers
- Tiny Times sequel sets China 2-D record
- iQiyi launches film division
- Kyoto festival to embrace film and art
- Asian trio competes at Locarno
- Bona launches Secret Treasure
- Planet of the Apes rises at Korea box office
- Maleficent takes second weekend in Japan
- Bona shifts shares
- Old Boys second-placed at China B.O.
- Summer HKIFF announces line-up
Finecut signs early AFM deals
By Patrick Frater
Fri, 05 November 2010, 09:20 AM (HKT)
Broadmedia Studios (ブロードメディア・スタジオ) will give a February 2011 release in Japan to Korean thriller I Saw The Devil (악마를 보았다), following a deal with sales agent Finecut announced at the American Film Market.
The film was also sold to Germany's Splendid Medien. Finecut scored another German deal, on Cannes title Bedevilled (김복남 살인사건의 전말), with distributor I-On Media.
Japanese distributor Kadokawa Pictures acquired Iris: The Movie (아이리스: 더 무비), a title which Finecut has been promoting since the beginning of the year. Kadokawa (角川) says it will release the film in Jan 2011. It was also sold to I-Cable in Hong Kong and Clover Films for Singapore.
In a related development, Finecut is beginning sales on Athena: The Movie, a second spin-off from the Iris TV series from which the film was developed. It stars Jung Woo-sung (정우성) and Su Ae (수애) and is now filming in locations including Italy, Japan and Hawaii. It is directed by Kim Young-jun (김영준) and produced by Chung Tae-won (정태원).