Recent News Stories
- The Second Coming closes deals
- No Man's Land has strong China opening
- Singapore IFF to be relaunched in 2014
- Japanese film-makers protest state secrets bill
- Live-action Attack on Titan relaunched
- South Korean films break local admissions record
- White Storm defies Gravity at China B.O.
- Local documentaries strong at Taipei B.O.
- SPEC finale dethrones Kaguya at Japan B.O.
- In Bloom takes top prize at Tokyo Filmex
- Talent Campus Tokyo awards Filipino project
- Huace strikes pact with Guo Jingming
- Miike Takashi to adapt psycho-thriller manga
- Ang Lee awarded by Cinemanila
- Grandmaster leads Asia-Pacific award nominations
- Yukisada Isao adapts Five Minutes in China
- Great Passage tops 38th Hochi Film Awards
- Dexter Studios opens Beijing office
- Lupin III live-action film coming in 2014
- Fist, Z Storm, Taoist scripts approved by SAPPRFT
- Ant Story premieres in AsiaAfrica competition
- Ghibli back on top with Princess Kaguya
- APSA to host public screenings
- Gravity starves Hunger Games at China B.O.
- Hope wins through at Blue Dragon Awards
- ASEAN Film Festival launches in Singapore
- Beyond Beauty stays strong in Taipei
- Lost in Thailand secures Taiwan import quota
- Tiny Times 3 set to begin production
- Singapore, France major winners at Golden Horse
- Golden Horse Reflections
- RAM locks horns with Moebius
- On Happiness Road takes FPP Grand Prize
- Jimmy Yang joins kbro Media
- Golden Horse Awards at 50
- Forever Young release indefinitely postponed
- CatchPlay launches film investment fund
- Louis Koo to be HKIFF ambassador
- Tony Jaa joins SPL 2
- Hong Kong cinema's identity crisis
Flynn remixes with Spin Kid
By Stephen Cremin
Mon, 20 August 2012, 12:42 PM (HKT)
The UK's Flynn Entertainment is relaunching its DVD label with the acquisition of Taiwan drama Spin Kid 電哪吒 (2011).
The film stars Blue LAN 藍正龍 as a young DJ and portrays his relationship with his policeman father who is investigating a drug deal that he has been implicated in. Head of acquisitions Steven Flynn describes the film as "visually stunning" and a "hot-blooded foreign thriller that explores the dark side of sacrifice".
Flynn Entertainment will release the film on DVD and VoD in the UK in October. It previously released WEI Te-sheng 魏德聖's Cape No. 7 海角七號 (2008) in Oct 2009. In the past three years, the company has concentrated on production and organising a small festival of Taiwan films that toured international cities.
Spin Kid is represented internationally by Double Edge Entertainment Co 得藝國際媒體股份有限公司. Flynn closed the deal with the film's producer, Billy HUNG 洪濬成. The distributor has half-a-dozen titles lined up for non-theatrical distribution in the coming months, including a Greek drama.
Flynn Entertainment was one of several UK distributors whose stock of DVDs was destroyed in a warehouse fire during the rioting in London in Aug 2011.