Recent News Stories
- Second Inspired Island series in the works
- Morita Yoshimitsu sequel starts production
- Dubai IFF cancels AsiaAfrica competition
- Pale Moon to compete in Tokyo
- Golden Horse to open with Aurora
- Nagai Akira to adapt Cat novel
- I Saw the Devil set for US remake
- Huayi increases stake in GDC Technology
- Winnie Lau leaves Fortissimo
- Kenshin dethrones Doraemon in Japan
- Golden Era to represent Hong Kong at Oscars
- Kung Fu Jungle lands in London
- Yamaguchi Yoshiko (1920-2014)
- Huayi establishing subsidiary in US
- Apes takes back China box office
- Peter Loehr on the China opportunity
- Tazza tops second weekend in South Korea
- Tokyo to screen lost Furuhata Yasuo film
- MDA bans To Singapore, With Love
- Shinohara Tetsuo adapting Terminal
- Soft Taipei opening for Doze Niu's Paradise
- Taiwan selects Ice Poison for Oscars
- Doraemon tops 5th week in Japan
- Vientiane in Love to open Luang Prabang
- Tazza sequel wins pre-Chuseok weekend
- Fires on the Plain to open Tokyo Filmex
- Kyoto festival announces inaugural lineup
- Choi Dong-hoon begins Assassination shoot
- China Lion picks up Breakup Buddies
- Paradise to open Busan
- Vancouver Festival launches new prize
- Kelvin Tong scares up Anna Waters
- Japan sends Light to Oscars
- Park Chan-wook to adapt Fingersmith
- Japan wins two at Montreal
- Eric Khoo starts erotic drama shoot
- Patrick Lung Kong (1935-2014)
- Lupin the Third opens second in Japan
- Apes rises at China box office
- Pirates raids Korea B.O. again
I Frankenstein starts shoot
By Patrick Frater
Mon, 27 February 2012, 11:10 AM (HKT)
Production got underway today in Melbourne, Australia on I Frankenstein.
The gothic horror story is directed by Stuart Beattie (pictured), the Australian screenwriter who became a hit director with his first effort Tomorrow When The War Began.
The story is an adaptation of a graphic novel by Kevin Grevioux, which takes forward the Mary Shelley Frankenstein story where that one ends. The creature is found in a modern metropolis and caught between two opposing groups.
It stars the US' Aaron Eckhart and the UK's Bill Nighy alongside a substantial cast of Australian actors: Miranda Otto, Socratis Otto, Yvonne Strahovski and Steve Mouzakis.
The film is produced by Australia's Hopscotch Features and the US's Lakeshore Entertainment. Producers are Andrew Mason, Richard Wright, Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi.
The government of Victoria said that the production would bring A$37 million to the state and employ up to 500 local cast and crew.
It will shoot in Melbourne's Docklands Film Studios for ten weeks and be released in 2013 by Lakeshore in North America and eOne/Hopscotch in Australia.