Recent News Stories
- Hong Kong signs creative alliance with S. Korea
- Era of Farewell wins FPP Grand Prize
- Cinemalaya considering veteran focus in 2015
- Last Reel is first up at Cambodia IFF
- Interstellar tops holiday weekend in Japan
- Roaring Currents chimes at Grand Bell Awards
- Wong Fei-hung reboot opens second in China
- Honeygiver wins at Hanoi's first project market
- French producers call for Vietnam infrastructure
- Kini Kim on CJ's Vietnam strategy
- Hit drama Hero gets film sequel
- Interstellar remains dominant at South Korea B.O.
- Hanoi IFF opens third edition
- China stampedes over Golden Horse Awards
- Jimmy Heung (1950-2014)
- Bona and Youku Tudou report higher Q3 revenue
- Penguins of Madagascar second-placed in China
- Alibaba and Tencent sign Huayi strategic alliance
- Miike's Gods tops Japan box office
- Takakura Ken (1931-2014)
- Violator wins Best Picture at Cinema One
- Interstellar stays atop South Korea box office
- Hill of Freedom tops South Korea critics award
- To Singapore With Love appeal rejected
- Hubert Bals announces autumn 2014 projects
- Taiwan loosens restrictions on Mainland films
- Johnnie To breaks hearts on Singles' Day
- Turtles all the way down in China
- Beauty and the Beast, Twilight top Japan B.O.
- Golden Horse fixes project jury
- Doze Niu found guilty in Paradise case
- Sedic International fined for hiding income
- Interstellar lifts off to top South Korea b.o.
- Kitano Takeshi returns with yakuza comedy
- Jay Chou to join cast of Now You See Me 2
- Haemoo wins Best Narrative Feature in Hawaii
- Lee Lieh's 1 Production to enter securities market
- Expendables 3 tops Japan box office
- Ninja Turtles reboot tops China box office
- Li Li appointed new Galloping Horse CEO
Kitano produces Kids Return sequel
By Kevin Ma
Fri, 19 July 2013, 19:15 PM (HKT)
Kids Return: The Reunion キッズ・リターン 再会の時 (literally "Kids Return: The Moment of Reunion") is based on Kitano's original idea, set ten years after the original ended. The new film is directed by SHIMIZU Hiroshi 清水浩, the assistant director of Kids Return and several other Kitano films. MASHIKO Shoichi 益子昌一 co-wrote the script with Shimizu.
The new film is about the reunion of the two protagonists, now a professional boxer and a gangster. HIRAOKA Yuta 平岡祐太 and MIURA Takahiro 三浦貴大 star in the roles originally played by ANDO Masanobu 安藤政信 and KANEKO Ken 金子賢 respectively seventeen years ago.
Production on the film – produced by Bandai Visual Co Ltd バンダイビジュアル, TV Tokyo Corporation テレビ東京, Tokyo Theatres Co Ltd 東京テアトル and Office Kitano – was completed in May 2013. Tokyo Theatres and Office Kitano will distribute the film in Japanese cinemas on 12 Oct 2013.