Recent News Stories
- Galloping Horse CEO in shares feud
- Heaven Knows What takes Tokyo Grand Prix
- Leviathan leads APSA nominees
- Studios, female protagonists and embezzlement
- Close Range Love tops 3rd week at Japan B.O.
- Lucy explodes at China box office
- Edmund Yeo on the evolution of Malaysian cinema
- Kitano receives Samurai Award at Tokyo Fest
- Gone Girl leads South Korea B.O.
- 12 Citizens, Haider win Rome awards
- Cambodia Rising
- Marvel's Guardians takes second China weekend
- Close Range Love pulls ahead in Japan
- Vietnam Media Corp climbs Berlin Wall
- Filmex competition goes Middle East
- Bride remake tops quiet weekend in South Korea
- Breakup Buddies takes RMB1 billion
- Empire of Shame wins at Taiwan Doc Fest
- Justin Lin starts Hollywood Adventures
- Kyoto festival opens in low-key style
- Iwai Shunji to direct first anime feature
- SAPPRFT to publish hourly box office data
- MFF opens with glamour despite funding crisis
- Nostalgia and Close Range Love top Japan B.O.
- Red Amnesia to open China Onscreen Biennial
- Guardians of the Galaxy tops China box office
- Drug War tops China Media Awards
- Bride remake tops South Korea box office
- Asian Star Casting Forum lost in translation
- Yoshimoto Kogyo establishes film arm
- Youku Tudou adds two executives
- China's National Day B.O. biggest on record
- HK Asian Film Festival highlights local directors
- Rurouni Kenshin continues Japan box office reign
- Hairun and Roadshow team up for Mountain Cry
- Zhang Jingchu joins Mission: Impossible 5
- Viva launches Tagalized Movie Channel
- Midi Z's Road to Mandalay goes 4–way
- Black & White sequel defeated in Taipei
- Taipei to introduce new international incentives
Kitano produces Kids Return sequel
By Kevin Ma
Fri, 19 July 2013, 19:15 PM (HKT)
Kids Return: The Reunion キッズ・リターン 再会の時 (literally "Kids Return: The Moment of Reunion") is based on Kitano's original idea, set ten years after the original ended. The new film is directed by SHIMIZU Hiroshi 清水浩, the assistant director of Kids Return and several other Kitano films. MASHIKO Shoichi 益子昌一 co-wrote the script with Shimizu.
The new film is about the reunion of the two protagonists, now a professional boxer and a gangster. HIRAOKA Yuta 平岡祐太 and MIURA Takahiro 三浦貴大 star in the roles originally played by ANDO Masanobu 安藤政信 and KANEKO Ken 金子賢 respectively seventeen years ago.
Production on the film – produced by Bandai Visual Co Ltd バンダイビジュアル, TV Tokyo Corporation テレビ東京, Tokyo Theatres Co Ltd 東京テアトル and Office Kitano – was completed in May 2013. Tokyo Theatres and Office Kitano will distribute the film in Japanese cinemas on 12 Oct 2013.