Recent News Stories
- China B.O. passes RMB20 billion in 2013
- Farooki on fibbing, fantasy and box office
- Conan-Lupin collaboration tops Japan B.O.
- Four, No Man's Land lead China B.O.
- Metro Manila heists British indie awards
- Killers to premiere at Midnight in Sundance
- The Second Coming closes deals
- No Man's Land has strong China opening
- Singapore IFF to be relaunched in 2014
- Japanese film-makers protest state secrets bill
- Live-action Attack on Titan relaunched
- South Korean films break local admissions record
- White Storm defies Gravity at China B.O.
- Local documentaries strong at Taipei B.O.
- SPEC finale dethrones Kaguya at Japan B.O.
- In Bloom takes top prize at Tokyo Filmex
- Talent Campus Tokyo awards Filipino project
- Huace strikes pact with Guo Jingming
- Miike Takashi to adapt psycho-thriller manga
- Ang Lee awarded by Cinemanila
- Grandmaster leads Asia-Pacific award nominations
- Yukisada Isao adapts Five Minutes in China
- Great Passage tops 38th Hochi Film Awards
- Dexter Studios opens Beijing office
- Lupin III live-action film coming in 2014
- Fist, Z Storm, Taoist scripts approved by SAPPRFT
- Ant Story premieres in AsiaAfrica competition
- Ghibli back on top with Princess Kaguya
- APSA to host public screenings
- Gravity starves Hunger Games at China B.O.
- Hope wins through at Blue Dragon Awards
- ASEAN Film Festival launches in Singapore
- Beyond Beauty stays strong in Taipei
- Lost in Thailand secures Taiwan import quota
- Tiny Times 3 set to begin production
- Singapore, France major winners at Golden Horse
- Golden Horse Reflections
- RAM locks horns with Moebius
- On Happiness Road takes FPP Grand Prize
- Jimmy Yang joins kbro Media
Star Chinese makes Huayi pact
By Patrick Frater
Mon, 06 December 2010, 20:09 PM (HKT)
Pay-TV film channel Star Chinese Movies has struck an exclusive deal with China's Huayi Brothers for the producer's 2011 slate.
The deal spans Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore and covers cable TV, pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand (VoD) rights.
Titles specified include If You Are The One 2 (非誠勿擾2) and the animated film Old Master Q (老夫子, pictured). A previous deal between the two gives SCM the 2010 hits Aftershock (唐山大地震) and Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (狄仁杰之通天帝國).
The channel has other deals with Media Asia (寰亞電影有限公司) for rights in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and with Emperor Motion Pictures (英皇電影有限公司) for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and the Philippines.