Star Chinese makes Huayi pact
By Patrick Frater
Mon, 06 December 2010, 20:09 PM (HKT)
Pay-TV film channel Star Chinese Movies has struck an exclusive deal with China's Huayi Brothers for the producer's 2011 slate.
The deal spans Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore and covers cable TV, pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand (VoD) rights.
Titles specified include If You Are The One 2 (非誠勿擾2) and the animated film Old Master Q (老夫子, pictured). A previous deal between the two gives SCM the 2010 hits Aftershock (唐山大地震) and Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (狄仁杰之通天帝國).
The channel has other deals with Media Asia (寰亞電影有限公司) for rights in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and with Emperor Motion Pictures (英皇電影有限公司) for Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and the Philippines.
Recent News Stories
- Sony Classics takes bite of Lunchbox
- Radius reaches out for Man of Tai Chi
- Webber to bring Colour to NZ
- Can India fulfil its film potential?
- India's multiplex maybes
- Fox Star to back Kashyap's Velvet
- Asian trio head for Paris Project
- Mili in Wuhan animation park pact
- Roadshow buys into Irresistible
- Third Window opens for Sake Bomb
- Badges gets worldwide jurisdiction
- Shanghai has action-packed competition
- American Dreams beds down in China
- Shenzhen shorts to travel the world
- Thailand: Good times, bad times
- Malaysia studio set to have regional impact
- Cannes deals update
- Kapadia to shoot Azeri tale
- Filipino festivals show funding flair
- NHK presents the future of film in 8K
- Dubai to host Cinematic Innovation Summit
- Varma promises urgent action
- Media Asia slate sells strongly
- Iceman defrosts at Cannes
- Kashyap to receive French honour
- Seven Stars forms Angel Storm
- So Young enters China's all-time top ten
- Rocket to fire in N America
- Japanese buyers grab Euro titles
- Directors' Fortnight denounces director
- Yen, Yeoh commit to Crouching Tiger prequel
- Bona profits slightly lower
- Why isn't Australia more part of Asian film?
- Pegasus rides with Z Storm
- Tanweer signs Relativity output deal
- Jeffrey Soong: Media Asia's Man on the Move
- Media Asia takes step In The Dark
- EMP to get Best of Yen
- Buyers burning for Firestorm
- Woo to deliver two-part Crossing