Recent News Stories
- Metro Manila heists British indie awards
- Killers to premiere at Midnight in Sundance
- The Second Coming closes deals
- No Man's Land has strong China opening
- Singapore IFF to be relaunched in 2014
- Japanese film-makers protest state secrets bill
- Live-action Attack on Titan relaunched
- South Korean films break local admissions record
- White Storm defies Gravity at China B.O.
- Local documentaries strong at Taipei B.O.
- SPEC finale dethrones Kaguya at Japan B.O.
- In Bloom takes top prize at Tokyo Filmex
- Talent Campus Tokyo awards Filipino project
- Huace strikes pact with Guo Jingming
- Miike Takashi to adapt psycho-thriller manga
- Ang Lee awarded by Cinemanila
- Grandmaster leads Asia-Pacific award nominations
- Yukisada Isao adapts Five Minutes in China
- Great Passage tops 38th Hochi Film Awards
- Dexter Studios opens Beijing office
- Lupin III live-action film coming in 2014
- Fist, Z Storm, Taoist scripts approved by SAPPRFT
- Ant Story premieres in AsiaAfrica competition
- Ghibli back on top with Princess Kaguya
- APSA to host public screenings
- Gravity starves Hunger Games at China B.O.
- Hope wins through at Blue Dragon Awards
- ASEAN Film Festival launches in Singapore
- Beyond Beauty stays strong in Taipei
- Lost in Thailand secures Taiwan import quota
- Tiny Times 3 set to begin production
- Singapore, France major winners at Golden Horse
- Golden Horse Reflections
- RAM locks horns with Moebius
- On Happiness Road takes FPP Grand Prize
- Jimmy Yang joins kbro Media
- Golden Horse Awards at 50
- Forever Young release indefinitely postponed
- CatchPlay launches film investment fund
- Louis Koo to be HKIFF ambassador
Sundance Channel and WEtv on KT SkyLife
By Patrick Frater
Wed, 13 January 2010, 12:36 PM (HKT)
North America's Rainbow Media Holdings LLC has secured licensing from the Korea Communications Commission 방송통신위원회 permitting the launch of Sundance Channel and WEtv in South Korea.
Under the creative direction of Robert Redford, Sundance Channel reaches more than 33 million subscribers in the US. It recently launched in Singapore, France and Belgium. Its content includes films, documentaries and original programmes.
The channels will be broadcast on KT SkyLife ＫＴ스카이라이프, the country's only digital satellite pay-TV operator. It is the first South Korean platform to take advantage of the new license, launching the channels as part of its high-definition package on 1 Jan 2010.