UTV creates SVoD channel
By Patrick Frater
Fri, 22 June 2012, 07:00 AM (HKT)
UTV Motion Pictures and satellite broadcast platform Airtel Digital have launched Superhitz, a subscription video-on-demand TV channel.
The channel will focus largely on films produced by UTVMP topped up with some third party film acquired by UTV's broadcast network.
Bharti Airtel will charge its DTH subscribers just INR31 ($0.55) per month to add the channel to their pay-TV packages.
"Bollywood and cricket are two prized obsessions among Indians. Bollywood movies on a digital platform is fast embracing the subscription based video on-demand (SVOD) mode. UTV has produced some of the best titles in the last decade," said Shashi Arora, CEO — DTH & Media, Bharti Airtel.
Titles covered by the deal include Dev D, Kaminey, Wake Up Sid, A Wednesday, Fashion, Jodhaa Akbar (pictured), Life in A Metro, Raaz, Murder, Ghulam, Zakhm and Dil Chahta Hai.
Recent News Stories
- Cannes deals update
- Kapadia to shoot Azeri tale
- Filipino festivals show funding flair
- NHK presents the future of film in 8K
- Dubai to host Cinematic Innovation Summit
- Varma promises urgent action
- Media Asia slate sells strongly
- Iceman defrosts at Cannes
- Kashyap to receive French honour
- Seven Stars forms Angel Storm
- So Young enters China's all-time top ten
- Rocket to fire in N America
- Japanese buyers grab Euro titles
- Directors' Fortnight denounces director
- Yen, Yeoh commit to Crouching Tiger prequel
- Bona profits slightly lower
- Why isn't Australia more part of Asian film?
- Pegasus rides with Z Storm
- Damp start to Cannes festival
- Tanweer signs Relativity output deal
- Jeffrey Soong: Media Asia's Man on the Move
- Media Asia takes step In The Dark
- EMP to get Best of Yen
- Suleiman joins Doha
- Buyers burning for Firestorm
- Woo to deliver two-part Crossing
- Tokyo festival outlines new direction
- Hot Asian genre films at Cannes
- Taipei Film Festival embraces Soul
- Ablaze launches with hot Chou title
- IIFA Awards return to Macau
- Matsumoto readies sex comedy
- It's Me scores early sale
- Fortissimo shoots for Rifle
- Giant to tip off in July
- Wild Orange to harness Asian talent
- Panh documentary finds Distribution
- Tasher Desh wakes Insomnia
- Fabrication finds Lost
- Easternlight takes on Yen's ID