Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Film restoration laboratory opens in Hong Kong Bede Cheng heads Asian branch of Italian lab
- Twenty has strong opening in South Korea Whiplash drops to second place
- Shanghai Film Fest and Alibaba form partnership Partnership to last for three years
- Okinawa Talent: Takeda Rina On acting, action and Attack on Titan
- Galloping Horse reveals 2015 production slate Slate includes youth films and co-productions
- Huayi and Showbox signs production pact Two companies to produce six films over three years
- Fast & Furious 7 blocked in Thailand Lawsuit filed against Tony Jaa, Universal, UIP
- Double Edge restarts distribution business Bryce Tsao appointed international marketing manager
- China dominates Asian Film Awards Four other countries divide remaining four awards
- Lazy Crazy Hazy tops HAF awards Hong Kong youth drama takes two prizes
- Media Asia presents 10 at FilMart Projects by John Woo, Johnnie To, Hou Hsiao-hsien
- Where the Wind Settles debuts at Filmart Wang Tung returns to director's chair
- Mei Ah fixes 2015 Greater China slate New projects by Jet Tone, Wong Jing and Manfred Wong
- Hong Kong directors on their first HAF Gilitte Leung, Stephen Gurie Woo, Jody Luk
- Southeast Asian buzz at FilMart New films from Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- One Cool heats up FilMart New films by Nick Cheung, Sam Leong, Lam Tze-chung
- Emperor announces 15 for 15th anniversary New projects by Dante Lam, Fruit Chan, Herman Yau
- Abduction drama kidnaps China box office Insurgent tops Taipei box office
- Hot Taiwan titles at FilMart Laundryman, Murmur of the Hearts, We are Family
- Whiplash tops South Korea box office Cinderella opens third-placed
- Finecut and GNA form agency partnership First writers agency in South Korea expands
- Hong Kong buzz titles at FilMart New films by Ringo Lam, Johnnie To, Clara Law
- Hot Korean titles at FilMart Kang Je-gyu, Ryoo Seung-wan, Choi Dong-hoon
- Metro of Love leaves station Taiwan's Good Image launches with six-film series
- Malaysian cinema, finding hope within despair Fred Chong, Bernard Chauly, Namewee and Rafidah Abdullah
- John Woo to direct Manhunt for Media Asia Remake of 1976 Sato Junya film
- A Hard Day wins Chunsa Grand Prix Ha Jung-woo, Bae Du-na take acting honours
- Huayi and Hunan sign U.S. co-production deals Both companies to co-produce Hollywood films
- Japanese films return to Beijing festival Updated: Kim Ki-duk, Peter Chan, Zhou Xun join jury
- Im Kwon-taek recognised by Asian Film Awards Lifetime Achievement Award for veteran Korean director
- Yee Chih-yen on Taiwan cinema's future Osaka winner on China, casting and animation
- J.K. Youn on Korean cinema's new maturity Working conditions, box office distribution, China
- Nakatani Miki to receive AFA Excellence Award First Japanese winner of the prize
- Doraemon maintains Japan box office orbit New films by Hiroki Ryuichi and Miike Takashi in top five
- Cinderella has fairytale opening across Greater China 2-D release opens bigger than Maleficent
- The Deal dethrones Kingsman in South Korea Cine Guru's death penalty thriller is surprise hit
- Jia Zhangke to receive Carrosse d'Or Filmmaker is first Chinese recipient
- Pang Ho-cheung on HK cinema's dilemmas Director is conservatively optimistic for local cinema
- Meeting Dr. Sun wins Grand Prix in Osaka Thai rom-com is other major awards recipeint
- Andy Lau among idols joining Great Wall Zhang Yimou film to start production in spring