Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- APSA returns awards to Asia Thailand, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan recognised
- Bona reports lower profit in 2015 Q3 Weaker performance in film investment sector
- LeTV, cinemas clash over Vanished Murderer 3-D TV early screening abruptly canceled
- Wallace Chung debuts as director with Sandglass Youth romance from author of The Left Ear
- Hara Setsuko (1920-2015) Iconic actress died of pneumonia in September
- Ha Jung-woo and Bae Doo-na enter Tunnel Survival drama is latest from A Hard Day director
- Local youth fares top Japan box office Ghost Theater opens in seventh place
- Hunger Games finale inflames Greater China Our Times opens second-placed in Mainland
- Ode to My Father tops Grand Bell Awards Event overshadowed by absenteeism controversy
- Inside Men wins South Korea box office Hunger Games finale opens in third place
- Taiwan takes back spotlight at Golden Horse The Assassin, Thanatos, Drunk are top winners
- Iwai Shunji wraps Rip Van Winkle Japanese director returns with live-action film
- Goodbye Mr. Loser team sues film critic Writer accuses comedy of copying American film
- Mozu wins second weekend in Japan Man From U.N.C.L.E. opens third-placed
- Spectre leads China box office Return of the Cuckoo second-placed in HK
- The Priests remain strong in South Korea Spectre opens second-placed
- Manang Biring wins animated Cinema One Haze is runner up at Philippines' indie festival
- GTH to split into founding companies Dispute over Thai company's stock market listing
- Choi Yong-bae to head BiFan festival Kim Young-bin to step aside at Korean fantasy festival
- Mozu tops Japan box office Grasshopper opens second-placed
- Yuen Woo-ping, Tsui Hark remake Miracle Fighters Film workshop production to shoot next year
- EX-Files sequel romances China box office She Remembers, He Forgets third-placed in HK
- The Priests possesses South Korean cinemas Bridge of Spies opened fourth-placed
- Honor Thy Father to open Cinema One Originals Nine local films compete in Philippines' festival
- Curtailed Taipei box office data resumes Less transparency after end of standoff
- Hualien withdraws from public listing Company cites overseas expansion as reason
- Kai Ko to make comeback in Midi Z film Road to Mandalay wrapped production this week
- Emperor, Wanda to adapt Higashino Keigo novel Japanese author's first China adaptation
- Witness captures China audiences Mountains May Depart opens fifth-placed
- John Shiota on anime's new opportunities SIGGRAPH Asia: Regional trends in CG content
- Fatal Intuition tops South Korea box office New Hollywood films disappoint
- SAPPRFT drafts China's first film law Appeal process proposed for censored films
- Tokyo awards Grand Prix to Brazil's Nise No East Asian winners at Japan film festival
- The Assassin leads APSA nominees Winter, Cemetery and Alive nab two each
- Enlight and Huayi show growth in Q3 Film production costs double in one year
- Fixing Japanese cinema's image problem TIFF: Japanese cinema as its own worst enemy
- Singapore Film Festival expands horizons Chinese documentaries and Mexican cinema
- Galaxy Turnpike steers to top of Japan box office Maze Runner sequel opens fifth-placed
- Ishizaka Kenji on TIFF's Philippines' focus How Filipino festivals can be role models for Japan
- Raman Hui is CineAsia Director of the Year Recognised for success of Monster Hunt