Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: email@example.com
Recent News Stories
- Killers to premiere at Midnight in Sundance Liar's Dice competes
- The Second Coming closes deals Singapore co-production sells to Vietnam, Cambodia
- No Man's Land has strong China opening Best Ning Hao first day
- Singapore IFF to be relaunched in 2014 Event co-locates with ScreenSingapore and ATF
- Japanese film-makers protest state secrets bill Legislation being rushed through Diet this week
- Live-action Attack on Titan relaunched Higuchi Shinji to direct
- South Korean films break local admissions record Only two foreign films in 2013 top ten
- White Storm defies Gravity at China B.O. Animation Epic fourth-placed
- Local documentaries strong at Taipei B.O. Beyond Beauty and Twelve Nights in top three
- SPEC finale dethrones Kaguya at Japan B.O. RED 2 fourth-placed
- In Bloom takes top prize at Tokyo Filmex Ilo Ilo wins audience award
- Talent Campus Tokyo awards Filipino project Janus Victoria's Escape to Summer recognised
- Huace strikes pact with Guo Jingming Acquires 26% of Guo's Zui Culture
- Miike Takashi to adapt psycho-thriller manga Production starts in June 2014
- Ang Lee awarded by Cinemanila Lifetime Achievement Award in Manila
- Grandmaster leads Asia-Pacific award nominations Snowpiercer and Lunchbox also recognised
- Yukisada Isao adapts Five Minutes in China Mystery romance features cast from Japan, China, Taiwan
- Great Passage tops 38th Hochi Film Awards Shiraishi Kazuya wins Best Director for Devil's Path
- Dexter Studios opens Beijing office South Korean VFX house seeks to expand China presence
- Lupin III live-action film coming in 2014 Kitamura Ryuhei directing
- Fist, Z Storm, Taoist scripts approved by SAPPRFT October lists include high-profile co-productions
- Ant Story premieres in AsiaAfrica competition Ilo Ilo, Stray Dogs, Lunchbox compete in Dubai
- Ghibli back on top with Princess Kaguya New Japanese animation at 30% of Wind Rises' opening
- APSA to host public screenings Nominated films to screen to Brisbane audiences
- Gravity starves Hunger Games at China B.O. Kenneth Bi's Control third-placed
- Hope wins through at Blue Dragon Awards Bong Joon-ho wins Best Director for Snowpiercer
- ASEAN Film Festival launches in Singapore One-off event runs parallel to ScreenSingapore
- Beyond Beauty stays strong in Taipei Documentary second-placed behind Catching Fire
- Lost in Thailand secures Taiwan import quota Release of Touch of Sin uncertain
- Tiny Times 3 set to begin production New film announced on Guo Jingming's microblog
- Singapore, France major winners at Golden Horse Ilo Ilo wins best film, Grandmaster most awards
- Golden Horse Reflections What the Awards means to this year's participants
- RAM locks horns with Moebius Kim Ki-duk drama to get North American release
- On Happiness Road takes FPP Grand Prize Surviving Hai wins other cash award at Golden Horse project market
- Jimmy Yang joins kbro Media Ex-Serenity marketing director moves to Taiwan investor
- Golden Horse Awards at 50 Chinese-language cinema's leading awards ceremony
- Forever Young release indefinitely postponed China distributor cites lack of screenings
- CatchPlay launches film investment fund Taiwan distributor becomes more selective
- Louis Koo to be HKIFF ambassador Hong Kong star to replace Miriam Yeung
- Tony Jaa joins SPL 2 Soi Cheang to direct contemporary action film