Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- FUNimation takes Attack on Titan for Americas World premiere to be held in Los Angeles
- Hollywood Adventures on top in China Ted 2 leads Hong Kong box office
- Skip City Festival celebrates local culture Feature competition includes three Japanese titles
- Showbox locks deals on Assassination Espionage thriller sells to 15 countries
- Northern Limit Line tops South Korea box office Intimate Enemies opens sixth-placed
- New York Asian Fest opens with Port of Call Aaron Kwok, Sometani Shota, Ringo Lam attend
- China Lion acquires Huayi trio from IM Global Day-and-date releases planned
- Zhang Meng begins shoot of family comedy No release date in sight for Uncle Victory
- Remembering a forgotten war Vivek Budakoti and Rajita Sharma on Goodbye Calcutta
- Fruit Chan to preside over Taipei Film Awards Hong Kong director leads Greater China jury
- Park Chan-wook's Lady begins Japan shoot Period drama set for release in 2016
- Karlovy Vary celebrates 50th anniversary Line-up features 13 Asian titles
- Selling a female crime film at Shanghai IFF Su Yang on her true-crime project
- SPL2 sets action record in China Jurassic World passes RMB1 billion mark
- Night Watchman wins in Shanghai Festival secures position as biggest in Asia
- Classified File opens second-placed in South Korea Jurassic World continues reign at top
- Love Live wins second weekend at Japan box office Mad Max opens second-placed
- SIFF Project's co-production conundrum Frida Fan on Shanghai's project market
- Bona announces giant slate in Shanghai Chinese film giant sets RMB10 billion target
- Fox International Channels acquires Enlight 3 For Chinese-language film channel and VOD services
- IMAX China establishes film fund Subsidiary partners with China Media Capital
- Moscow Film Festival opens with Wolf Totem Oh Mipo's Being Good is Asian competition entry
- Idol anime is surprise Japan box office hit Our Little Sister opens second-placed
- Jurassic World reigns in Greater China Hollywood's summer dominance continues
- Jurassic World stomps on South Korea Second-highest opening of the year
- Lee Min-ho joins Bounty Hunters Shin Terra to direct co-production
- Shanghai fest opens with barebones ceremony Local stars dominate red carpet show
- Koreans cancel Shanghai attendance en masse Japanese anime pulled from festival
- Tomorrowland soars at Japan box office Prophecy opens in second place
- Avengers boosts South Korea box office in May Local films defend 31.5% market share
- Uzumasa Limelight wins at Nippon Connection The Cockpit takes Nippon Visions Jury prize
- San Andreas shakes up Greater China box office Hollywood domination set to continue
- Busan's Asian Film Policy Forum postponed MERS outbreak fears take toll on South Korean film industry
- Umizaru author and Fuji TV resolve feud Sato Shuho open to reviving hit film series
- China Lion acquires Ark of Mr. Chow Day-and-date releases planned
- Wanda Cinemas acquires Australian cinema operator Hoyts bought for unspecified amount
- San Andreas rumbles in South Korea Perfect Proposal opens fourth; others take steep falls
- Shanghai projects highlight up-and-comers Young directors, international co-productions
- Shanghai completes competition lineup New films from Cao Baoping and Huo Jianqi
- Doraemon soars to record opening in China Local prison comedy have strong start in HK