Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- The Throne to open Hawaii Film Festival Hirosue Ryoko to receive achievement award
- Nantes pays tribute to Im Kwon-taek Hong Kong cult film programme
- Pharmaceuticals, audience taste and strong women Busan Talent: Sun Liang
- Finecut debuts duo at Asian Film Market New films by up-and-coming filmmakers
- Busan opens strong despite wind, rain, budget cuts Opening film Zubaan marks festival's focus on India
- Showbox allies with Blumhouse and Ivanhoe Six thriller/horror films to be produced
- Assassin, Thanatos lead Golden Horse nominations Nomination committee rewards local productions
- The Throne reigns over Chuseok weekend Accidental Detective opens second-placed in South Korea
- Tokyo unveils greater focus on local cinema John Woo, Yamada Yoji to receive Samurai Award
- No Longer Heroine tops post-holiday Japan B.O. Attack on Titan sequel drops to second place
- Lost in HK tops China Mid-Autumn weekend Xu Zheng comedy breaks additional records
- Lost in Hong Kong sets China opening day record Comedy has best opening day yet for local film
- Panay to open Singapore Film Fest Festival also screening local classics
- Taiwan leads Golden Horse's 2015 projects Jia Zhangke, Ann Hui, Yeh Ju-feng make up jury
- Pixels falls flat at China box office Titan sequel opens soft in Taiwan, Hong Kong
- To the Fore enters Oscar race for Hong Kong Wild City, Tale of Three Cities among finalists
- Second Silk Road festival relocates to Fuzhou Beijing Screenings also shift from capital
- The Throne has royal opening in South Korea Maze Runner sequel opens second-placed
- Distance and Tag-Along bookend Golden Horse Festival hosts world premieres of both films
- Celestial remaking Magic Blade with Tencent Transmedia strategy planned
- Busan festival celebrates Studio Ghibli anniversary Cinema Center to host 18-film retrospective this month
- Taiwan box office dispute gets violent Victim links assault to Film Business Asia report
- Kyoto festival fixes second edition lineup Oguri Kenichi war documentary to open event
- Nippon TV plans third Death Note film Fantasy thriller set for 2016 release
- Pixels wins first round at Japan box office The Big Bee opens third-placed
- Dante Lam begins Mekong shoot Bona action film starts production in Thailand
- Japanese trio to compete at Tokyo festival Harada Masato tribute in Japan Now sidebar
- Scorch Trials ends Our Times reign in Taipei Maze Runner sequel also tops Hong Kong box office
- Mission: Impossible tops China box office Monster Hunt sets dubious China all-time record
- Ant-Man wins second weekend in South Korea Local thriller Deep Trap opens third-placed
- Tokyo festival returns to Kabuki-za Kurosawa's satire to screen in prestigious venue
- Mission: Impossible sets foreign 2-D record in China Espionage sequel accounted for 62% of all screenings
- China and Taiwan pick Oscar reps Wolf Totem for China; Assassin for Taiwan
- Unfair finale and Ted 2 top Japan box office Piece of Cake opens tenth-placed
- Chapman To returns to Malaysia with Let’s Eat Actor makes directorial debut on Lunar New Year comedy
- Terminator wins quiet holiday weekend in China Johnnie To and Richie Ren fail to attract audiences
- Ant-Man has giant opening in South Korea Local thriller Office opens third place
- 100 Yen Love to represent Japan in Oscar race Slacker drama entered in Best Foreign Film category
- South Korea submits The Throne to Oscars Lee Joon-ik film set to open this month
- The Assassin opens second-placed in Taipei Undercover Duet third-placed in Hong Kong