Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Interstellar tops holiday weekend in Japan Miracle is runner-up
- Roaring Currents chimes at Grand Bell Awards The Attorney and A Hard Day each win three
- Wong Fei-hung reboot opens second in China Mockingjay dethrones Interstellar in Taiwan, Hong Kong
- Honeygiver wins at Hanoi's first project market Bhutanese detective story secures $10,000 prize
- French producers call for Vietnam infrastructure Co-production treaties, film commissions, incentives
- Kini Kim on CJ's Vietnam strategy Rare glimpse into Korean conglomerate's mindset
- Hit drama Hero gets film sequel Kimura Takuya and Matsu Takako on board
- Interstellar remains dominant at South Korea B.O. Hunger Games sequel opens second-placed
- Hanoi IFF opens third edition Regional project market among new initiatives
- China stampedes over Golden Horse Awards Blind Massage, Chen Jianbin are major winners
- Jimmy Heung (1950-2014) Hong Kong producer dies of cancer in Beijing
- Bona and Youku Tudou report higher Q3 revenue Youku Tudou reports decrease in net loss
- Penguins of Madagascar second-placed in China Interstellar tops Greater China box office
- Alibaba and Tencent sign Huayi strategic alliance Ping An also acquires 2% of shares
- Miike's Gods tops Japan box office Pale Moon opens second-placed
- Takakura Ken (1931-2014) Legendary actor dies of lymphoma
- Violator wins Best Picture at Cinema One Philippines' indie festival celebrates tenth edition
- Interstellar stays atop South Korea box office Cart opens second-placed
- Hill of Freedom tops South Korea critics award Zhang Lü wins Best Director
- To Singapore With Love appeal rejected Film still banned from public screenings
- Hubert Bals announces autumn 2014 projects New Wang Bing, Davy Chou projects
- Taiwan loosens restrictions on Mainland films Select award winners exempted from import quota
- Johnnie To breaks hearts on Singles' Day Career-best opening day in Mainland China
- Turtles all the way down in China Interstellar stellar in Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Beauty and the Beast, Twilight top Japan B.O. First French film to top Japan box office since Crimson Rivers
- Golden Horse fixes project jury Trio of Lee Lieh, Peter Chan and Nansun Shi
- Doze Niu found guilty in Paradise case 5 months imprisonment suspended for two years
- Sedic International fined for hiding income Japanese company fined ¥400 million by tax agency
- Interstellar lifts off to top South Korea b.o. Opening weekend surpasses Inception's
- Kitano Takeshi returns with yakuza comedy Set for theatrical release in April 2015
- Jay Chou to join cast of Now You See Me 2 Sequel set for release in summer 2016
- Haemoo wins Best Narrative Feature in Hawaii Nod to skateboarding hijab-clad female vampire
- Lee Lieh's 1 Production to enter securities market Aims to be Taiwan's first publicly listed film company
- Expendables 3 tops Japan box office First foreign film to top Japan box office in three months
- Ninja Turtles reboot tops China box office Kung Fu Jungle number one in Hong Kong
- Li Li appointed new Galloping Horse CEO Ex-CEO's sister to replace Jin Yan
- Yamazaki Takashi on Parasyte's global potential Director describes film's "second marriage" in Japan
- My Dictator opens third-placed in South Korea Gone Girl tops box office for second weekend
- Galloping Horse CEO in shares feud Jin Yan claims business licenses and seal taken
- Heaven Knows What takes Tokyo Grand Prix Miyazawa Rie awarded Best Actress for Pale Moon