Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Second Inspired Island series in the works Taiwan documentary series to profile seven writers
- Morita Yoshimitsu sequel starts production Homage to late director produced by his widow
- Dubai IFF cancels AsiaAfrica competition Festival enters second decade without key focus
- Pale Moon to compete in Tokyo Embezzlement thriller stars Miyazawa Rie
- Golden Horse to open with Aurora Festival to host world premieres of three local films
- Nagai Akira to adapt Cat novel Fantasy based on book by producer Kawamura Genki
- I Saw the Devil set for US remake Horror duo to write and direct
- Huayi increases stake in GDC Technology Hong Kong-based company specialises in digital cinema
- Winnie Lau leaves Fortissimo Thirteen year veteran moves into production
- Kenshin dethrones Doraemon in Japan Guardians of the Galaxy opens third-placed
- Golden Era to represent Hong Kong at Oscars Ann Hui film opens in cinemas on 1 Oct
- Kung Fu Jungle lands in London Donnie Yen and Teddy Chen to attend world premiere
- Yamaguchi Yoshiko (1920-2014) Legendary actress had careers in China, Japan and Hollywood
- Huayi establishing subsidiary in US Firm to handle Huayi's overseas investments
- Apes takes back China box office Into the Storm opens third-placed
- Peter Loehr on the China opportunity Legendary East CEO shares two decades of wisdom
- Tazza tops second weekend in South Korea Begin Again climbs to second place
- Tokyo to screen lost Furuhata Yasuo film Director to attend festival talk event
- MDA bans To Singapore, With Love Tan Pin Pin's film "undermines national security"
- Shinohara Tetsuo adapting Terminal Sato Koichi and Honda Tsubasa star in romance
- Soft Taipei opening for Doze Niu's Paradise Expendables 3 top in China and Hong Kong
- Taiwan selects Ice Poison for Oscars Myanmar co-production chosen from nine-strong shortlist
- Doraemon tops 5th week in Japan Seven local films in top ten
- Vientiane in Love to open Luang Prabang Diverse selection from Thailand and Philippines
- Tazza sequel wins pre-Chuseok weekend Lucy opens second-placed
- Fires on the Plain to open Tokyo Filmex Japanese premiere of Tsukamoto's war film
- Kyoto festival announces inaugural lineup Chono Hiroshi's At Home to open event
- Choi Dong-hoon begins Assassination shoot Showbox/Mediaplex production films in Shanghai
- China Lion picks up Breakup Buddies Near day-and-date releases in US and Australia
- Paradise to open Busan Strong selection of films from China
- Vancouver Festival launches new prize World premiere of Ishii Yuya's The Vancouver Asahi
- Kelvin Tong scares up Anna Waters André Morgan on board as executive producer
- Japan sends Light to Oscars Oh Mipo's romance join Best Foreign Film race
- Park Chan-wook to adapt Fingersmith Korean-language adaptation of British novel
- Japan wins two at Montreal China's Yao Anlian wins Best Actor
- Eric Khoo starts erotic drama shoot Film marks anniversaries of director and Singapore
- Patrick Lung Kong (1935-2014) Hong Kong stylist kept Cantonese cinema vibrant
- Lupin the Third opens second in Japan Doraemon spends 4th week on top
- Apes rises at China box office RMB278 million in three days
- Pirates raids Korea B.O. again Into the Storm opens second-placed