Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Avengers sequel packs South Korean cinemas Marvel sequel sets foreign film opening record
- Huayi profit drops in 2015 Q1 Revenue experiences 200% year-on-year rise
- Avengers streaks past Spiderman HK record Superhero sequel also sets Marvel record in Taiwan
- Beginning of Time wins top Tiantan Award Jean-Jacques Annaud wins Best Director for Wolf Totem
- Ultron breaks opening day record in South Korea Marvel superhero sequel surpasses Transformers 3
- Asian regulars join Cannes' Un Certain Regard Kawase Naomi's An to open festival sidebar
- Cast lands on Three Body Problem China sci-fi epic currently in production
- Ko Yi-cheng to receive Taipei award Actor-director praised for his social concerns
- Miike and Korean noir join Cannes sidebars Asian selections to screen as special screenings
- Dragonball wins anime battle at Japan box office Furious 7 has franchise-record opening
- Furious 7 races to record gross in China Ever Since We Loved opens second-placed
- Hairun details co-production slate with VRPA Remake of South Korean thriller among projects
- Golden Era tops Hong Kong Film Awards Ann Hui's biopic wins five awards
- Furious 7 takes third victory lap in South Korea Avengers set for record opening numbers next week
- Luc Besson readies Warrior's China shoot French co-production to star Mark Chao and Ni Ni
- Black Coal tops China Directors' Guild Awards Lou Ye wins Best Director
- Asian trio returns to Cannes competition Office does overtime for midnight slot
- Jiang Wen to complete trilogy with wuxia film Beijing-set murder mystery currently at script stage
- Toho to expand into co-finance and remakes Kotaki Yukio and Matsuoka Hiro to head new division
- Kang Woo-suk to adapt Map Maker Film based on the life of Korean cartographer
- Solomon finale tops Japan box office Birdman opens sixth-placed
- Stephen Chow sues Huayi for missing bonus Updated: Court rules against Chow
- Furious 7 shatters China box office records Murmur of the Hearts opens soft in Taipei
- Taiwan film industry seeks protectionist measures Screen quota and tax exemption suggested to legislators
- Furious 7 top in South Korea for second weekend Salut d'Amour opens third-placed
- Wanda Cinema's earnings surge in 2014 Top cinema chain in China
- Han Gong-ju wins Wildflower Grand Prize School drama wins two at South Korea indie awards
- Chang Tso-chi enters prison for rape conviction Director to serve 3 years and 10 months
- China releasing schedule revealed at seminar Tiny Times 4, The Crossing 2, Office
- Furious 7, Little Big Master top HK holiday Master becomes highest grossing local film of 2015
- Kim Su-hyeon makes screen comeback with Real South Korean star’s first film role in two years
- Jackie Chan period epic to open Udine Taking of Tiger Mountain to close Italian festival
- Foreign films dominate South Korea box office March revenue down 6.1% year-on-year
- Korean Film Archive receives historical donation 94 lost films among 450-title collection
- Wolf Warrior tops China holiday weekend Fast & Furious 7 breaks records in Taiwan
- Italian film to open Beijing Film Festival Helios, N.H 10 and Gyeongju added to lineup
- April Fools opens third-placed in Japan Doraemon is top for second consecutive weekend
- Coffin in the Mountains wins at CinemAsia Festival bookmarked by Wolf Totem, Chasuke
- Jeonju completes 2015 lineup Festival expands with new screening venue
- George Wang (1918-2015) Veteran Taiwan actor dies at 96