Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Our Times is a summer hit in Taiwan Poised to become year's highest-grossing local film
- Miike Takashi's Shield of Straw gets HW remake Nippon Television to serve as co-producer
- Jurassic World tops third week at Japan b.o. New releases kept out of top ten
- Busan bookended by Zubaan and Mountain Cry Emphasis on Korean, Indian, Chinese directors
- Terminator lands atop China box office Bride Wars opens third-placed
- Beauty Inside second-placed in South Korea Veteran on course to pass 10 million admissions
- Bride Wars wins Chinese Valentine's Day Overall box office down from last year
- Taipei exhibitors, distributors in b.o. dispute Box office number reporting halted
- Lee Sang-il secures starry cast for Ikari Mystery drama currently in production
- Son Ye-jin to star as Princess Deokhye Hur Jin-ho to direct biopic
- Sono Sion to receive Sitges' Time Machine Award Director to present three new films at genre fest
- Attack on Titan opens second-placed in HK Inside Out returns to the top spot
- Sono Sion, Erik Matti, Chris Doyle in Toronto Multiple world premieres of Asian titles
- Back to the North joins San Sebastián competition Second Asian feature in Official Selection
- Jurassic World wins Obon weekend Hollywood takes top three spots
- Bai Baihe dethrones herself at China box office Monster Hunt drops to second place
- Sylvia Chang to head Busan New Currents jury Joined by jurors from Asia, Europe, US
- Chinese stars join Star Wars spinoff Gareth Edwards film now shooting
- Veteran wins holiday weekend in South Korea Memories of the Sword opens in sixth place
- Asian films nab prizes at Locarno Right Now, Wrong Then wins top prize
- Promised Land boards Toronto's Platform Chinese drama is sole Asian competition entry
- Two Asian titles in Montreal competition Fest to dedicate special section to China
- Liam Neeson joins Battle of Inchon film War drama to be directed by John H. Lee
- Golden Horse announces first 2015 titles Selections from Berlin, Cannes, Venice and Sundance
- Busan celebrates with Asian Cinema 100 Top ten essential Asian films to be screened
- Toronto adds plethora of Asian titles Ryoo, Hou, Kore-eda, Miike and more
- Jurassic World roars into Japan Mission: Impossible opens second-placed
- China box office has record July Domestic films take 95.6% share during "blackout month"
- Monster Hunt continues reign at China box office Taipei box office slammed by Typhoon Soudelor
- Key of Life gets South Korean remake Lee Jun and Yu Hae-jin co-star
- South Korean cinema finds its b.o. mojo in July Market share of domestic films on the rise
- Veteran captures South Korea box office Assassination on course for ten million admissions
- Boy and the Beast joins San Sebastian competition First animated film to compete
- Li Lihua to receive Golden Horse honorary award Remastered Storm Over the Yangtze River to screen
- Former Bangkok festival president indicted Juthamas Siriwan finally charged for taking bribes
- Busan fest highlights 60s masterpieces Eight works from South Korea's golden era to screen
- Tag captures Fantasia awards Sono’s Love & Peace also wins audience award
- Starry cast locked for Vegas to Macau 3 God of Gambler stars reunite in sequel
- Attack on Titan towers over Japan box office Minions open second-placed
- APM highlights SEA, animation, first-timers Busan's Asian Project Market maintains size