Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Close Range Love pulls ahead in Japan Disconcerto opens fifth-placed
- Vietnam Media Corp climbs Berlin Wall Europe-set crime drama launches sales at TIFFCOM
- Filmex competition goes Middle East Jia Zhangke heads jury
- Bride remake tops quiet weekend in South Korea November Man opens fourth-placed
- Breakup Buddies takes RMB1 billion Road comedy is 4th Chinese film to cross milestone
- Empire of Shame wins at Taiwan Doc Fest Civil Disobedience wins Taiwanese Competition
- Justin Lin starts Hollywood Adventures Co-starring Vicki Zhao, Huang Xiaoming, Tong Dawei
- Kyoto festival opens in low-key style Irène Jacob joins local stars on red carpet
- Iwai Shunji to direct first anime feature Prequel to Hana & Alice
- SAPPRFT to publish hourly box office data Data to be released via its Weibo microblog
- MFF opens with glamour despite funding crisis Mumbai festival survives loss of main sponsor
- Nostalgia and Close Range Love top Japan B.O. Rurouni Kenshin drops to 3rd place
- Red Amnesia to open China Onscreen Biennial Key platform for Mainland films in North America
- Guardians of the Galaxy tops China box office Breakup Buddies approaches RMB1b milestone
- Drug War tops China Media Awards Finding Mr. Right wins audience prize
- Bride remake tops South Korea box office Dracula Untold opens second-placed
- Asian Star Casting Forum lost in translation High-powered panel let down by poor planning
- Yoshimoto Kogyo establishes film arm KATSU-do to be headed by producer Okuyama Kazuyoshi
- Youku Tudou adds two executives Teddy Gu and Jerry Li join VoD platform
- China's National Day B.O. biggest on record Breakup Buddies sets single-day 2-D record
- HK Asian Film Festival highlights local directors Focus on Turkey and Tibet's Peme Tseden
- Rurouni Kenshin continues Japan box office reign Samurai Chronicle opens second-placed
- Hairun and Roadshow team up for Mountain Cry Larry Yang adapts Ge Shuiping's novel
- Zhang Jingchu joins Mission: Impossible 5 Spy film sequel currently shooting in London
- Viva launches Tagalized Movie Channel Philippine studio is prolific buyer at Asian Film Market
- Midi Z's Road to Mandalay goes 4–way Ice Poison director to shoot in Thailand
- Black & White sequel defeated in Taipei NT$5.63 million (US$185,000) over 3-day weekend
- Taipei to introduce new international incentives Silence expected to begin shoot this year
- Busan IFF's changing definition of Asia Kim Ji-seok on what excites him as a programmer
- Five Star launches Sming at Busan market First feature from post-production house subsidiary
- Astro Shaw launches Nova, Cappadocia sales Malaysian studio pre-sells December releases
- Thai Speed Dating launches in Busan "Singles" include Pen-ek Ratanaruang and Nonzee Nimibutr
- China Lion acquires The Golden Era US, Australia and New Zealand distribution planned
- Hot from Hong Kong at Busan market Erotica, horror, romantic comedy and 3-D
- Korean films take back domestic box office Whistle Blower and Slow Video lead weekend
- Paradise, Partners, Appeal at Asian Film Market Hot Taiwan titles on sale in South Korea
- Tan Pin Pin appeals Singapore ban Director called for openness to differing views
- Mosquito takes bite of Thieves, Durians Thai sales outfit branches out in Southeast Asia
- Queens crowns Arclight for intl sales Romantic comedy launches at Busan's Asian Film Market
- Mikhail Red wins VIFF's New Director award Rekorder is "ambitious, urgent and passionate"