Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Choi Min-shik plays tiger catcher New film by New World director
- Paradise and Ode enlisted at Berlin Panorama Taiwan and South Korean military dramas selected
- Attorney wins four at Blue Dragon Awards A Hard Day and Kundo win three each
- Bullets opens after clearing China censorship Postponed premiere held on Monday
- Fleet of Time tops second weekend in China Meet Miss Anxiety opens second-placed
- Court takes top Singapore Fest prize Alive wins Special Mention
- Youth romance tops Japan box office Hobbit takes top spot in revenue
- Indie documentary tops South Korea box office Highest grossing documentary since Old Partner
- Dubai Talent: Afia Nathaniel Debut director on Dukhtar and cinema in Pakistan
- Dubai Talent: Asha Bhosle Indian playback singer on seven decades of film music
- Russia's Leviathan wins at APSA China a major winner at Brisbane awards ceremony
- Dubai opens with Theory of Everything Festival makes regional cinema its key focus
- Toho to produce new Godzilla film Committee to be formed to develop new film
- Naruto overtakes Parasyte at Japan box office New Battleship Yamato animation opens third-placed
- Fleet of Time clocks John Woo epic in China The Crossing opens second-placed in Taiwan
- Bullets premiere abruptly postponed Producer says 18 Dec release unaffected
- Moses dethrones Interstellar in South Korea Nolan sci-fi epic expected to break 10m admissions
- Brotherhood of Blades prequel in the works Wuxia epic currently at script stage
- FTC rejects Korean exhibitors' consent decree Conglomerates accused of abusing market power
- South Korea's film development fund extended 3% surcharge on each movie ticket
- mm2 seeks Singapore Catalist IPO Company to raise money for productions and other investments
- The Crossing opens with RMB24m in China Epic romance accounted for 37.3% of screenings
- Singapore festival strikes back Comeback event aims to fill Southeast Asia void
- Parasyte takes over Japan box office Fury opens second-placed
- Sugawara Bunta (1933-2014) Battles Without Honour and Humanity actor dies
- Flirt opens behind Interstellar in China Rise of the Legend third-placed in Taiwan, HK
- Crocodile wins Tokyo Filmex Grand Prize Special Mention to Zhao Dayong's Shadow Days
- Big Match grounded by Interstellar in South Korea Indie doc opens sixth-placed
- Hong Kong signs creative alliance with S. Korea Cooperation between two regions in creative sectors
- Shuttle Life wins FPP Grand Prize Forêt Debussy wins CNC Cash Prize in Taipei
- Cinemalaya considering veteran focus in 2015 New Breed competition may skip one year
- Last Reel is first up at Cambodia IFF Fifth edition highlights local-shot films
- Interstellar tops holiday weekend in Japan Miracle is runner-up
- Roaring Currents chimes at Grand Bell Awards The Attorney and A Hard Day each win three
- Wong Fei-hung reboot opens second in China Mockingjay dethrones Interstellar in Taiwan, Hong Kong
- Honeygiver wins at Hanoi's first project market Bhutanese detective story secures $10,000 prize
- French producers call for Vietnam infrastructure Co-production treaties, film commissions, incentives
- Kini Kim on CJ's Vietnam strategy Rare glimpse into Korean conglomerate's mindset
- Hit drama Hero gets film sequel Kimura Takuya and Matsu Takako on board
- Interstellar remains dominant at South Korea B.O. Hunger Games sequel opens second-placed