Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: email@example.com
Recent News Stories
- Lucy sizzles at Taiwan box office Best August opening day of all-time
- Youku-Tudou projects net loss in Q2 Subscribers up 379% year-on-year
- Asian Film Summit completes lineup Ning Hao masterclass concludes Toronto event
- New Kang Je-gyu film locks cast CJ Entertainment romance to start shooting this month
- Toronto festival completes 2014 lineup Films from Singapore, Vietnam, Studio Ghibli
- Doraemon takes second weekend in Japan Hot Road opens second-placed
- Giddens' Café charms HK and Taiwan How to Train Your Dragon 2 tops China B.O.
- Roaring Currents sets Korean B.O. record Haemoo opens third-placed
- Shinya Shokudo to become feature film George Matsuoka to direct foodie drama
- Lav Diaz wins top Locarno prize Songs From the North wins Best First Feature
- Enlight Media reports lower profits Year-on-year drop of 40% despite film hits
- Gwei Lun-mei is Golden Horse ambassador Taiwan actress to promote festival and awards
- Toronto adds Heart, Revenge and Love Hotel Johnnie To, Hiroki Ryuichi heading to Canada
- Witch tops second weekend in China Animated Legend of Qin is top new film
- Doraemon defeats Transformers in Japan Kenshin drops to third place
- Alex Yang returns with Love in Vain First feature for Taiwan director since My Fair Laddy
- Roaring Currents breaks 10m admissions Period war epic is year's highest grossing film
- Uzumasa tops Fantasia awards Miss Granny wins audience award for Asian film
- Haemoo to compete at San Sebastián Korean thriller makes second stop after Toronto
- Lawson acquires Japan's United Cinemas Company was pioneer of multiplexes in Japan
- Montreal World festival fixes line-up Three Asian titles in competition
- Fox boards Na Hong-jin's new film Hwang Jung-min and Gwak Do-won co-star
- Taiwan's Serenity Entertainment shuttered Cinemark takes over Taipei's Cinema 7
- Triumph in the Skies feature starts production Wilson Yip and Matt Chow co-direct
- Zhang Qiang joins Alibaba Pictures ChinaVision name change finalised
- Lunar Kingdom bewitches China box office Period fantasy made RMB100m on Chinese Valentine’s day
- Kenshin sequel heats up Japan box office Best domestic live-action opening of the year
- Busan celebrates Ann Hui Third Hong Kong filmmaker to receive tribute
- Roaring Currents shatters Korea B.O. records 4.74 million admissions in first 5 days
- Orange Sky Golden Harvest issues profit warning Weakening RMB and drop in revenue blamed
- Metroplex brings Sundance to Hong Kong 8 films from US indie festival to screen
- China Lion takes But Always Day-and-date in North America and Australia
- Fosun and SFG strike alliance Investment fund established for productions
- Roaring Currents takes Kundo's opening record Korean period war epic makes US$4.6m on first day
- Tokyo IFF spotlights Anno Hideaki Retrospective of nearly 50 Anno films
- Taiwan launches film institute New facility to be completed in 2017
- Godzilla stomps to top of Japan B.O. Eight Ranger sequel opens fifth-placed
- Toronto announces second wave of films Sono Sion and Venice titles included
- Antonym takes two at Skip City Matterhorn wins top prize
- Midnight After wins PiFan jury prize The Dark Valley wins Best of Puchon