Co-founded by Stephen Cremin and Patrick Frater in 2010, Film Business Asia is a Hong Kong-based English-language trade publication that reports on Asian cinema from a uniquely balanced perspective.
At the heart of FBA is the world's most comprehensive multilingual database on the region's film industries, with 50,000 films, 13,000 organisations and 100,000 people. Full access to the database is available by subscription.
Stephen Cremin (Publisher)
Stephen co-founded the London Pan-Asian Film Festival in 1998 and remains on the programming teams of the New York Asian Film Festival and Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He was previously Screen International's Taipei correspondent.
Gurjeet Chima (Business Director)
Gurjeet was responsible for Asian advertising sales at US-based trade paper Variety. She has also worked at the BBC in programme sales, where she focused on the South Korean market, and brought in high-profile clients including HBO.
Derek Elley (Chief Film Critic)
Derek has been writing about Asian cinema for almost 40 years, including two decades as Senior Film Critic for Variety. In 1999 he co-founded the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, devoted to mainstream Asian cinema.
Kevin Ma (Greater China Correspondent)
Based in Hong Kong, Kevin has been a freelance writer for eight years for local culture magazines and festivals. He has also worked as a professional script and subtitle translator, collaborating with leading film companies in the region.
Silvia Wong (Contributing Editor)
A journalist with 16 years' experience, Singapore-based Silvia was a magazine editor before joining Screen International as its Southeast Asia correspondent. She has since moved behind the camera, producing and co-writing romantic comedy Forever.
3/F, 11 Hillier Street
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R.
Tel: +852 9304 0952; Email: [email protected]
Recent News Stories
- Cinderella and Flying Colors lead in Japan Kakekomi opens third-placed
- Evil dethrones Avengers in South Korea Mad Max opens second-placed
- Avengers sets Marvel record in China Mad Max second-placed in Hong Kong and Taipei
- Creating a female-driven crime film Han Jun-hee and Kim Go-eun on Coin Locker Girl
- Hong Kong takes spotlight at NY Asian Fest Ringo Lam, Aaron Kwok to receive special awards
- Yamashita Nobuhiro to direct Over Fence Final adaptation of Sato Yasushi’s Hakodate Trilogy
- Hong Won-chan on Office politics On blame culture, claustrophobia, cruelty
- Searching for a new direction for Indian cinema Gurvinder Singh on life outside Bollywood
- Kidlat Tahimik returns Cinemalaya award Film-maker protests shift away from young directors
- Peter Chan to direct Li Na biography Sales of tennis biography launched in Cannes
- Oh Seung-uk under the skin of The Shameless Cannes director on his return to film-making
- Cinderella tops third week at Japan box office Flying Colors leaps to second place in second weekend
- Tokyo IFF slums it in the Philippines Philippines' poverty porn gets Japan showcase
- Wuershan on death culture in The Ghouls Mongolian director on China tomb-robbing film
- Andrey Zvyagintsev to head Shanghai jury Festival to include Takakura Ken retrospective
- Contents Panda debuts slate at Cannes Film in 3-D, action, thriller, fantasy romance genres
- Edko unveils high-profile China productions Office, Monster Hunt, Cherry Returns
- Bravos brings genre slate to Cannes SPL2, Faith of Anna Waters, Nail Clipper Romance
- Well Go takes three high-profile genre films The Assassin, Wild City and Assassination
- Maverick, Zinnia to bookend Taipei Film Festival New films by Cheng Wen-tang and Tom Lin open and close event
- Tokyo IFF celebrates Terayama Shuji's legacy Counter-culture figure to receive anniversary tribute
- Joint takes Mountains May Depart for Taiwan Theatrical release prospects remain uncertain
- Chappie leads quiet weekend in China Avengers set for record opening today
- Bona reports record results for 2015Q1 Profits up 95%
- Ultron win third week in South Korea Local rom-com Love Clinic opens fourth-placed
- Avengers, Furious 7 rule South Korea in April Box office revenue up by 38.2%
- Japan goes global with Japan Day Morishita Mika leaves TIFFCOM for brand manager position
- Zinnia, Laundryman, Wawa compete in Taipei Shorts, animations highlight at Taipei Awards
- Alice wins Jeonju Korean competition Poet on a Business Trip wins int'l competition
- Main cast locked for Park Chan-wook's Lady Shooting set to begin in June
- Hana and Hokusai enter Annecy competition Doraemon to screen out of competition
- Furious 7 has narrow holiday win in China Avengers sets new record in Hong Kong
- Silence wraps shoot in Taiwan Taipei mayor claims financial contribution to city
- Thai Pitch project market returns to Cannes Thai boxers, political assassins and gone girls
- Ultron holds second weekend in South Korea Coin Locker Girl has strong opening in second place
- South Korean trio sweeps Udine awards Cambodia's Last Reel wins Black Dragon Award
- Taipei New Talent competition has indie focus Japanese drama by Taiwan director joins SEA indies
- Japan's Face to Face declares bankruptcy Distributor of Ip Man films
- Mizoguchi and Fukasaku join Cannes Classics Ran to receive evening beach screening
- Jetavana allies with French comic firm Ivy Zhong's new company to co-produce 8 films